What's Inside!Highlights from this issue include:
- our 101 Best Genealogy Websites of 2019 list
- tips and tricks for using the free FamilySearch.org
- 6 easy ways to save money
- a detailed guide to researching French ancestry
- a FREE German websites cheat sheet
By David A. FryxellSee your ancestors more clearly with our 20th annual list of the 101 Best Genealogy Websites.Pinching Pennies
By Andrew KochYoung or old, new or veteran researcher, most of us work with limited resources. Stay under budget with these tips.Pardon Your French
By David A. FryxellBrush up on your Français
with this in-depth guide to genealogy records from la République.Lucky 13
By Andrew KochSet yourself up for research success with these 13 tips for using the free megasite FamilySearch.org.Making Peace with the Past
By Sunny Jane MortonMany family historians grapple with troubling truths revealed by DNA or documentary evidence. Here's what some have discovered—and what they're doing about it.
- State Research Guides: Montana and Tennessee
- Lisa's Picks
- Timeline: Paper
- Family History Home: Archiving Diaries and Journals
- Stories to Tell
- Your Turn: Website Account Tracker
- Document Detective: 1939 Register for England & Wales
- Now What
- Tech Toolkit
- DNA Q&A: Which Ethnicity Estimates Are Best?
Once you download the September 2019 issue of Family Tree Magazine
, you'll need a PDF reader, such as the free Adobe Reader software, to open it. Adobe Reader is available for both Mac and Windows computers.