Family Tree Magazine November/December 2022 Digital Edition
Highlights from this issue include:
- A quick-reference guide to free genealogy: a roundup of the top free web tools, free features at subscription websites, and expert tips for saving money in your research
- Tutorials for new storytelling and DNA tools at the most-popular genealogy websites, including Ancestry.com and MyHeritage
- An introduction to researching German-from-Russia ancestors
- Tips for storing old vinyl records
- A FREE Scottish Genealogy Cheat Sheet
Free and Clear: By the Editors of Family Tree Magazine. Find your ancestors for free using these tips, websites and resources.
Dual Purpose: By Parviz Malakouti-Fitzgerald. You might be able to claim dual citizenship in your immigrant ancestor’s country of origin. Here’s what to know.
Storytime: By Sunny Jane Morton. These automated tools at your favorite genealogy websites make it easy to share family stories.
Russlanddeutsche: By James M. Beidler and Annette Unrau Adams. Were your ancestors “Germans from Russia”? This history and resource guide will help you find out.
Genetic Engineering: By Diahan Southard. Learn if (and how) new tools can build family trees using only DNA.
- Research Guides: Nevada and Virginia
- Stories to Tell
- Tech News
- Lisa’s Picks
- Source Spotlight: Passport Applications
- Website Tutorial: Searching the Internet Archive
- Resource Roundup: Genealogy Groups to Join
- Photo Detective
- Family History Home: Preserving Vinyl Records and CDs
- Now What
- DNA Q&A: The Best DNA Test for African Ancestry
- Your Turn: Military Service Record
- 2022 Article Index
Once you download the November/December 2022 issue of Family Tree Magazine, you’ll need a PDF reader, such as the free Adobe Reader software, to open it. Adobe Reader is available for both Mac and Windows computers.