Dating Old Photos Cheat Sheet
Frequently bought together:
Family Photo Detective, written by photo history expert Maureen A. Taylor.You'll love the Dating Old Photos Cheat Sheet if...When your family history search uncovers an old black-and-white photograph with unfamiliar people and places you don't recognize, your first step to identifying those people--and determining whether they're your relatives--is to figure out when the picture was taken.Our Dating Old Photos Cheat Sheet has 8 pages of quick-reference charts, tips and resources to help you date your old mystery photos. It gathers the best mystery photo dating advice from Family Tree Magazine and the book View AllClose
- You want to learn more about the people shown in your old family photos
- You're trying to learn when or where an old picture was taken
- You don't know who's pictured in an old photo you found in a family collection
- You need a quick reference to consult as you research old photos
- the best identification clues to look for an old photo, including clothing, background, photographer's imprint, etc.
- charts to help you determine the format of your photo--daguerreotype, ambrotype, tintype, photo postcard, etc.
- a decade-by-decade chart outlining clothing and fashion trends, popular hairstyles, and current accessories for men and women from the 1850s through the 1920s
- clues for dating photo cases
- what to look for in old photos of children
- special tips and hidden clues for discovering the date of a 19th- or early 20th-century photograph
- resources for learning more about how to date old mystery photos in your family
- a Photo Identification Worksheet for noting the photo clues you uncover