Colonial Research Strategies in the Southern US
Are you stuck tracing your ancestors back in time to the 1850 census? You might not know how to find evidence of previous generations when no vital records list the names of their parents. Perhaps, your ancestors migrated through several states, and you are unsure how to find their origins. This webinar will start at the 1850 census and discuss the methodologies we use in the southern United States to move back in time to previous generations.
Thursday, October 19, 2023 7PM ET
***All registrants get access to the webinar recording the following day.***
In this Webinar You'll Learn:
- Overview of colonial law and major historical events
- Importance of boundary changes
- Patterns of movement into and around the Colonial South
- Review of the many records collections available for the Mid-South and Deep-South
- Research strategies and methodologies for successful research
About the instructor:
Julie Merrill is an Accredited Genealogist with more than thirty years of experience. She currently works as a Research Manager at Ancestry ProGenealogists. Julie has also been the primary researcher for several episodes of Who Do You Think You Are. She is a frequent lecturer at national and local genealogical conferences and seminars, specializing in African-American, Southern United States, and Scandinavian research.