Lecture Hall - An Educational Video Series Led by Genealogy Experts
Date: May 31, 2023 7:00PM ET
How to Organize and Label Your Digital Files
If you do much family history research, you’ve probably accumulated hundreds—maybe even thousands—of digital files, including historical records that you have found online, family photographs that you have scanned and pictures of gravestones made with a digital camera. Keeping all those files organized can become an almost overwhelming task. In How to Organize and Label Your Digital Files, you’ll learn how to use file names, metadata and visual labels to bring order to all the family history files and digital photos on your computer.
In this Lecture Hall session you will learn:
- Conventions for naming different types of files from images to PDFs
- Tips for organizing renamed files into folders
- How to add metadata to files and transfer it between programs
- How to create visual labels for images
- PLUS - all participants recieve a session handout, no need to take copious notes!
About the instructor:
A contributing editor for Family Tree Magazine, Rick Crume has written for other genealogical journals in the United States, as well as Canada and Great Britain. Specializing in online research, genealogy software, DNA testing and British genealogy, he has spoken at genealogy conferences across North America and presented many webinars.