What does DNA reveal about your family history?
October 23, 2023 - November 19, 2023
By the end of the course, you'll better understand which tests you and your relatives should take. The findings will help guide your search for your ancestors' records. Plus, instructor Shannon Combs-Bennett will be there to answer your questions and guide you.
- Approx. 8 hours to complete
- 100% Online using our eLearning Platform
- 4 lessons complete with skill-building exercises and quizzes
- What your test results will look like and what you can use your DNA results for - as well as what they won’t be used for
- The key roles and characteristics of autosomal DNA in genealogy
- How to start integrating your DNA results with your paper research
- Key ways you can use DNA results to break through brick walls and solve family mysteries
- What you can do with your DNA results, including learning about third-party websites and tools you can use to unlock more solutions
- What those ethnicity results really indicate about your heritage so you can use them to explore your family history
- Self-Paced Learning
- Expert Support from Course Instructor
- Video Presentations
- Interactive Quizzes
- Student Discussion Board
- Downloadable Course Materials
- Register for the course on this page
- On the start date, log into our eLearning platform
- Access to the course instructor runs until the course end date
- After the course ends, you can read course materials for one year
- Instructor and discussion board access will also end when the course concludes, so make sure you reach out and ask questions!