Become a FamilySearch Power User - April 2024
- Maximum Purchase:
- 1 unit
Get the most out of Familysearch.org
April 1, 2024 - April 28, 2024
Familysearch.org is the largest free genealogy search database in the world. So, how do you tackle your research using it?
Join Rick Crume for this 4-week course focused on getting the most out of Familysearch.org. You'll learn search tricks for targeting relevant records and collections, how to navigate through the wiki, and discover all the records - indexed and unindexed - you can search.
Plus, you'll learn how to use Familysearch.org to find books relevant to your ancestors and how to index records to help other genealogists.
- Approx. 8 hours to complete
- 100% Online using our eLearning Platform
- 4 lessons complete with skill-building exercises and quizzes
What You’ll Learn:
- Essential and Advanced search strategies for FamilySearch.org to get the most relevant matches
- In-depth information on available records, including images, transcriptions, databases, catalogs, and collections
- How to navigate the features such as fan charts and photos
- Differences between the site’s Family Tree and Genealogies
- How to access records that aren’t online yet
- How the site can help you learn how to research your family history
- Self-Paced Learning
- Expert Support from Course Instructor
- Video Presentations
- Interactive Quizzes
- Student Discussion Board
- Downloadable Course Materials
- Register for the course on this page
- On the start date, log into our eLearning platform
- Access to the course instructor runs until the course end date
- After the course ends, you can read course materials for one year
- Instructor and discussion board access will also end when the course concludes, so make sure you reach out and ask questions!
Rick Crume is a contributing editor for Family Tree Magazine, Rick has written for other genealogical journals in the United States, as well as Canada and Great Britain. Specializing in online research, genealogy software, DNA testing and British genealogy, he has spoken at genealogy conferences across North American and presented many webinars.