Explore your ancestry in this 6-day, hands-on, intensive course guided by expert instructor, Lisa Alzo.
Each day's lesson will provide you with a packet of learning materials and the day's search objective. This course is designed to be hands-on and intensive, so be prepared to devote some time each day to the lessons. However, if you can't make a day's lesson, that's okay - they'll all be there to download and catch up on at the end. The discussion boards will close at the end of the week, but you'll have access to download the materials or read them in read-only mode for a year after.
You can approach this in one of 2 ways:
- Option 1: Choose 6 different ancestors, depending on the type of record you're searching for.
- Option 2: Attempt to gather evidence for each of the fact types for one ancestor.
You’ll love this workshop if:
- You want to accomplish a lot of research in a short time period
- You want the encouragement and support of working in a group
- You want to overcome obstacles to missing records and resources
What you’ll get:
- 6 Daily lessons aimed at helping you answer the day’s research question and achieve your goals
- A final day to ask questions, catch up and put it all together
- Access to an experienced researcher to answer your questions and help you overcome research obstacles
- Downloadable lessons that include video, worksheets and/or checklists, and more
- Day 1: Find an ancestor’s birth and/or death dates
- Day 2: Document where an ancestor lived over time
- Day 3: Find an ancestor’s immigration records
- Day 4: Research an ancestor’s occupation or military service
- Day 5: Discover your newsworthy ancestor
- Day 6: Find an ancestor’s tax records
- Day 7: Put it all together
Lisa A. Alzo, M.F.A. is a professional writer, instructor, and internationally-recognized lecturer. She is the author of nine books and hundreds of magazine articles. She is the author of 11 books, including The Family Tree Polish, Czech and Slovak Genealogy Guide, and hundreds of magazine articles.